Prevention of obesity letter

In our Cure class, we had to make a fake patent based on our family tree and Then address the fake patent. I chose to write a letter to a patent named Mr. Close. I enjoyed our class and learned a lot about Preventative medicine.


Dear, 

Mr. Close


Thank you for coming to see me today about your worries about your weight. Your BMI makes me consider that you have a high risk for obesity am going to suggest multiple ways to hopefully prevent it it’s entirely your choice whether you do any of these. But I highly recommend them. Due to your family tree, you have a 2 in 7 chance. That might not seem bad but if you do become overweight that could bring in other types of disease such as heart disease. I’m going to give you a few types of treatments that you could use it’s entirely your choice but it would be better for you to follow them. One you can do is start doing exercise, you could also start on a diet. An extreme measure is taking medication or doing surgery but that is mainly for people who are already extremely overweight. I hope these help you sir in staying healthy. 



Sincerely,


Dr. John Doe M.D


PS below I've attached your family tree.


Comments